Official Nominate A Teacher Or Nurse 2021 Sweepstakes Rules
Teachers and Nurses, thank you for all that you do. We truly appreciate every single one of you.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- HOW TO ENTER: Nominate a teacher or nurse who you feel is making a difference in our communities. To enter the Nominate a Teacher/Nurse Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), go to www.sharkys.com/nominate and follow the on-screen directions to nominate a special teacher or nurse into the sweepstakes. You must complete all required fields on the nomination form and then click “Nominate” to submit the entry for eligibility to win. Agreement to Official Rules and Decisions: By participating, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winner, and the awarding of the prize), which are final and binding in all respects.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The sweepstakes entry period begins on April 26, 2021 at 12:00:01 AM PST and ends on May 12, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM (PST). The Web Site server is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
- DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Drawing for all fourteen (14) prizes will be conducted from all eligible entries received on or about May 13, by a third party promotion administrator, whose decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The entrants selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements and requests of Sponsor during the verification process.
- PRIZES: Fourteen (14) prize winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Each prize winner, once confirmed to be eligible, will receive a free catering in the form of a one hundred fifty dollar ($150.00) gift card redeemable for food and non-alcoholic beverages at Sharky’s Restaurants. Each prize has an estimated cash value of $150.00. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of each prize awarded is allowed.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Winners will be notified via email or phone. If any winner does not respond to an email notification or phone message with a valid address within ten (10) calendar days of the first email notification or phone message attempt, prize maybe forfeited, and an alternate winner may be contacted.
Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address and/or telephone number of entrants. If a prize notification or prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, if any prize correspondence is not returned within the required time period or, if a potential winner is found not to be eligible or in non-compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be contacted from among all remaining entries. Should a potential winner decide to decline the prize for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to that potential winner, and an alternate potential winner will be notified. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion are to be directed to the Sponsor at the address below.
Prize Delivery: Allow 4-6 weeks for shipment of prize after notification and verification.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state of residence. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Sharky’s (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, legal, administrative, and Sweepstakes agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
- PARTICIPANTS: By your participation in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by all rules related to the Sweepstakes, and (a) you grant to Islands a perpetual, unlimited, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the photo and any material included in any photo and/or story you tag as entry into Sweepstakes; and (b) you certify that any person pictured and/or mentioned in any tagged Instagram, Facebook or Twitter photo and/or story authorizes Islands to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the photo and any accompanying story on Sponsor’s social media sites and Sponsor’s website; and (c) you agree that Sponsor and the Media Entities shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize.
- To be eligible, any photo, comment or mention on the nomination form submission must not be obscene, indecent, or otherwise offensive (as determined by Sharky’s); must not defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased; infringe, violate or misappropriate any person’s or entity’s personal or proprietary rights; be owned by a third-party and/or be subject to any restriction or right that would in any way limit Sharkys’ right to use the entry as permitted under these Sweepstakes Rules
- Failure to comply with these rules, as determined by Sharky’s in its sole discretion, is grounds for automatic disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sharky’s reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes.
- The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations. ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- PUBLICITY: Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winners grant permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use their name, biography, hometown, state and country, photograph, voice and/or likeness, video, opinions, statements for promotional purposes, in any and all media (including without limitation, online) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice to and without additional compensation. If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner’s list.
- GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Los Angeles County for the resolution of all disputes, and agree that any and all disputes shall be resolved exclusively in those courts. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- PRIVACY NOTICE: We will not sell or share any information in provide with any third-party entities. We will only communicate with you and the nominee if selected for the prize. We will not use your information or the information of your nominee for marketing communication.
- SPONSOR: Sharky’s, 780 Lakefield Rd, Suite C, Westlake Village, CA 91361